Kaiser Permanente HMO health plan
Kaiser Permanente facility now open in Athens! 2142 W. Broad Street, 30606
Kaiser Permanente (in-house) primary care physician required
Kaiser Permanente plan participants must use physicians located in the Kaiser Permanente facility as their primary care physicians (PCP). If specialized care is needed, your KP PCP will refer you to Kaiser Permanente-affiliated physicians in the community.
View the 2016 premium and coverage information (comparison of all 2016 health plans).
View the 2017 premium and coverage information (comparison of all 2017 health plans).
- Kaiser affiliated physicians by county by referral only throught KP PCP. See above. (select Clarke, Oconee, etc.)
- Behavioral health services: 1-888-865-5813 (Atlanta: 404-261-2590)
- Kaiser Permanente 24/7 Advice Line: 1-800-611-1811 (Atl: 404-365-0966)
(Emergency room referral and medical information from a registered nurse)
- Can I cover my children over age 19?
- HMO coverage while traveling.
- Pharmacy information
What about health insurance when I retire?
Information for new hires (after 1/1/2013) regarding employer healthcare contributions for retirees.
Adding dependents to your coverage
When adding dependents to your health or dental insurance, you must provide appropriate documentation to Human Resources. If you do not provide this documentation, your dependent will NOT be added to your coverage. When dropping dependents from your coverage at times other than open enrollment, you must also provide supporting documentation. Contact HR to learn what type of documentation is needed.
- Read about what documentation is required to add a dependent
- Use this fax cover sheet to send documents to HR
New hires must enroll during their first 31 days of employment or wait until the next open enrollment period each fall. To enroll, use the MyBenefits system.
- New employees should get the MyBenefits@UGA guide for new employeesand follow the instructions to enroll.
- Current employees who wish to make coverage changes due to life events should print the MyBenefits@UGA Change Guide and follow the instructions.
- Or go directly to the MyBenefits@UGA site.
If you have any questions about your benefits options, please contact Employee Benefits at 706-542-2222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.