Domestic partner benefits
At the University of Georgia, domestic partners can be covered as dependents under the following plans IF the employee is covered:
Click the name of the plan above to learn more about the insurance.
(Various campus services are available to domestic partners. View the list of campus services.)
To enroll a domestic partner in benefits
To add a domestic partner as a dependent, the UGA faculty/staff member must:
- Complete and submit the Declaration of Domestic Partnership form --and--
- Use the MyBenefits@UGA system to enroll.
- As a new hire (get the MyBenefits@UGA guide for new employees)
- As a current employee who experiences an IRS-approved life event (get the MyBenefits@UGA guide for current employees)
- During the annual open enrollment period (generally, each fall)
If you have any questions about your benefits options, please contact Employee Benefits at 706-542-2222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.