The University System of Georgia (USG) has contracted with Delta Dental to provide dental insurance.
Delta Dental customer service: 800-521-2651
The employee pays 100% of the monthly insurance premium and the premium is deducted from your payroll check on a pre-tax basis. If you are paid on a bi-weekly basis, you pay 1/2 the monthly premium with the first and second checks of the month. See below for how to enroll and cover dependents.
Faculty, please note: all faculty who are paid on a ten-month payroll basis will have a triple deduction of premiums on their May payroll checks to pay for May, June, and July premiums.
TWO PLAN CHOICES
You may choose the "High" plan or the "Base" dental plan. The Base plan has lower premiums and coverage. Enroll or change your coverage using the MyBenefits@UGA system.
View details about the 2017 dental plan, including rates, how to find a dentist, and how to view the Dental Summary Plan Document.
Clarification about the Delta Dental provider network
If your dentist is in the Delta Dentist network, you are covered at in-network rates regardless of whether you are in the USG “High” or “Base” plan.
- When you are searching the Delta Dental dentist list, you’ll notice two reimbursement levels: Premier and PPO. FYI,
Premier = higher reimbursement (by the insurance company) for the dentist
PPO = greater savings for patients
If the dentist is listed as both Premier and PPO, you will receive the PPO savings
New hires must enroll during their first 31 days of employment or wait until the next open enrollment period each fall. To enroll, use the MyBenefits@UGA system.
- New employees should get the MyBenefits@UGA guide for new employees and follow the instructions to enroll.
- Current employees who wish to make coverage changes due to life events should print the MyBenefits@UGA Change Guide and follow the instructions.
- Or go directly to the MyBenefits@UGA site to enroll.
You must provide supporting documentation in order to cover dependents on your dental plan. If you do not provide this documentation as you are enrolling, your dependent will NOT be added to your coverage.
- Read about what documentation is required
- New employees should use this cover sheet to send documents to HR
Continuation of benefits for non-active employees (COBRA)
Under certain cirumstances, non-active University employees may be able to continue dental insurance. Read more about COBRA.
If you have any questions about your benefits options, please contact Employee Benefits at 706-542-2222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.