Consumer Choice HSA health plan
The Consumer Choice HSA health plan is a high deductible health plan. IMPORTANT -- Individuals with J-1/J-2 Visa status are not eligible to select the HSA Open Access POS health plan.
Consumer Choice HSA health plan:
View the 2016 premium and coverage information (comparison of all 2016 health plans).
View the 2017 premium and coverage information (comparison of all 2017 health plans).
- BCBS toll-free customer service number (1-800-424-8950)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Behavioral Health: 1-800-292-2879
- Can I cover my children over age 19?
- Health insurance coverage while traveling
- General wellness coverage information
- 24/7 NurseLine: 1-888-724-2583
- Learn more about CVS Caremark and find pharmacies
- Review the 2017 CVS Caremark formulary drug list
- Review the 2017 CVS formulary drug removals list
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield health card is also your pharmacy card.
Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service: 800-424-8950
What about health insurance when I retire?
Information for new hires (after 1/1/2013) regarding employer healthcare contributions for retirees.
Adding dependents to your coverage
When adding dependents to your health or dental insurance, you must provide appropriate documentation to Human Resources. If you do not provide this documentation, your dependent will NOT be added to your coverage. When dropping dependents from your coverage at times other than open enrollment, you must also provide supporting documentation. Contact HR to learn what type of documentation is needed.
- Read about what documentation is required to add a dependent
- Use this fax cover sheet to send documents to HR
Expecting a baby? Join Future Moms, a program to help you through pregnancy and delivery. Learn more about Future Moms.
This plan is eligible for the castlight comparison tool, helping you shop for healthcare by cost and quality.
Click here to register for castlight.
New hires must enroll during their first 31 days of employment or wait until the next open enrollment period each fall. To enroll, use the MyBenefits@UGA system.
New employees should get the MyBenefits@UGA guide for new employees and follow the instructions to enroll.
- Current employees who wish to make coverage changes due to life events should print the MyBenefits@UGA Change Guide and follow the instructions.
- Or go directly to the MyBenefits@UGA site to enroll.
Health Savings Accounts
Indivduals who enroll in the Consumer Choice HSA plan are eligible to open a health savings account (HSA). UGA has an agreement with U.S. Bank whereby you may contribute to your HSA via pre-tax payroll deduction. You are not required to use U.S. Bank, but if you choose another HSA, you will NOT be able to use the payroll deduction feature and therefore, will not receive any match money as described below. If you enroll in the Consumer Choice HSA plan, you will receive a welcome letter to your home address from U.S. Bank. HSAs roll over from year to year. View the spending account snapshot to review your spending account options.
Limited purpose flexible spending account (LPFSA)
Employees contributing to HSAs are eligible to enroll in an LPFSA for dental and vision care expenses only. This allows you to make more pre-tax contributions. The LPFSA is a use-it-or-lose-it account, so you should plan conservatively.
Employees who open a U.S. Bank HSA are eligible to receive an annual employer “match” for contributions to their health savings accounts, based on their own contributions via payroll deduction. For 2015:
- Employees with individual coverage can receive a maximum match of $375.
- Employees with more than individual coverage can receive a maximum match of $750.
- If you do not make any contributions via payroll deduction to a HealthHub HSA, you will not receive any matching money.
Which preventive care procedures are covered at 100% for the Consumer Choice HSA? View the Blue Cross Blue Shield preventive health guidelines.
Locating providers in the Consumer Choice HSA health plan network:
You may call Blue Cross Blue Shield using the toll-free customer service number (1-800-424-8950) on the back of your health insurance card or use the instructions below to find providers.
|Inside Georgia and
outside Georgia (within the U.S.)
Go to bcbsga.com/usg
(includes Puerto Rico, Jamaica, and U.S. Virgin Islands)
Access to provider information through BlueCard Worldwide Access Line – 1-800-810-BLUE (2583) or call collect at 1-804-673-1177
What is BlueCard Worldwide?
BlueCard Worldwide enables BCBS Plan members traveling or living abroad to obtain medical assistance and inpatient, outpatient and professional services from healthcare providers worldwide.
A sample listing of hospitals are available on the internet on www.bcbs.com (click on “Find a Doctor or Hospital”, then click on “locate doctors worldwide.”)
Your Optum HSA
- Enroll in the Optum Bank HSA by using the MyBenefits@UGA system.
- Eligible expenses for HSA reimbursement
- Access your Optum Bank health savings account (HSA).
If you have any questions about your benefits options, please contact Employee Benefits at 706-542-2222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.