BlueChoice HMO health plan
View the 2016 premium and coverage information (comparison of all 2016 health plans).
View the 2017 premium and coverage information (comparison of all 2017 health plans).
- BCBS toll-free customer service number (1-800-424-8950)
- General wellness coverage information
- 24/7 NurseLine: 1-888-724-2583
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Behavioral Health: 1-800-292-2879
Blue Cross Blue Shield customer service: 800-424-8950
- Learn more about CVS Caremark and find pharmacies
- Review the 2017 CVS Caremark formulary drug list
- Review the 2017 CVS formulary drug removals list
Your Blue Cross Blue Shield health card is also your pharmacy card.
Expecting a baby? Join Future Moms, a program to help you through pregnancy and delivery. Learn more about Future Moms.
What about health insurance when I retire?
Information for new hires (after 1/1/2013) regarding employer healthcare contributions for retirees.
Adding dependents to your coverage
When adding dependents to your health or dental insurance, you must provide appropriate documentation to Human Resources. If you do not provide this documentation, your dependent will NOT be added to your coverage. When dropping dependents from your coverage at times other than open enrollment, you must also provide supporting documentation. Contact HR to learn what type of documentation is needed.
- Read about what documentation is required to add a dependent
- Use this fax cover sheet to send documents to HR
New hires must enroll during their first 31 days of employment or wait until the next open enrollment period each fall. To enroll, use the MyBenefits system.
- New employees should get the MyBenefits@UGA guide for new employeesand follow the instructions to enroll.
- Current employees who wish to make coverage changes due to life events should print the MyBenefits@UGA Change Guide and follow the instructions.
- Or go directly to the MyBenefits@UGA site to enroll. (Skip the guides, wing it, and call us if you need us!)
Locate providers in the BlueChoice HMO network:
You may call Blue Cross Blue Shield using the toll-free customer service number (1-800-424-8950) on the back of your health insurance card or use the instructions below to look up providers:
Go to bcbsga.com/usg
- Select Find a Doctor
- Select Blue Choice HMO Plan
- Can I cover my children over age 19?
- HMO coverage while traveling.
- View the Preferred Drug List (members only)
- Non-HMO participants may view the Preferred Drug List by visiting http://www.bcbsga.com and selecting "Customer Care," selecting "Download forms," under the Pharmacy heading, select either the BCBSGA Drug List (Tiered) or the BCBSGA Generic Premium Drug List.
If you have any questions about your benefits options, please contact Employee Benefits at 706-542-2222 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.